INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

 6th Birthday Party Cake

After all this time, my neighbor (one of my besties) was able to learn how to cut out the images using the Cricut Cake.  She is half owner of the machine, but has never had a chance to use it!!!  The BIG DAY finally arrived!!! Yipee!!! Her daughter was turning six and she invisioned a really festive  and colorful cake.  We chose the candies from the Mini Monsters cartridge (again, Mini Monsters...love this cart!!!). We cut 4 different colors to mix and match the layers with precolored fondant.  I haven't used much fondant, but this time they cut out really nice, hardly any tearing.  My only complaint is it comes out sooooo shiney!!!  It may be from the shortening on the cutting mat.  I'm not sure about this.  Maybe I could add some more powdered sugar to it, but the shininess doesn't bother me too much!!!



My neighbor and her other friend finished the cake a few days later.  I wasn't able to help because I had to work.  This whole work thing gets in the way of my life!!!  LOL!!!  Isn't it just adorably cute and festive??? I just love how she used the extra fondant to roll up the little balls around the edge of the cake!!!  I have stolen that idea the next few cakes!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment