INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Princesses 4th Birthday Cake

I'm getting a little smarter at this whole Cricut Cake thing.  First, I cut out the images about 10 days before the party, because I know how tempermental the gumpaste can be.  The Cricut Cake works wonderfully.  It's the food product that is the problem (or maybe it's me).  My neighbor and I were in kahoots for this project.  We decided to make a large sheet cake for the Cricut Cake images and she had a Wilton Princess Castle Cake kit that you can find at any craft store.  Our, or should I say my crazy plan was to place the castle on top of a really gigantic sheet cake.  That plan was averted the night before the party when parts of our tiered cakes were started to cave in on themselves.  Even a 2 layered round cake with all the filling and frosting is surprisingly heavy!!!  So, we separated the two cakes.  It turned out beautiful.  I really appreciated all the hard work my friend put in to help me make this cake a success.  Next is her daughters birthday party cake!!!


Supplies, supplies, supplies........it gets pretty messy and I used the ENTIRE kitchen and dining room with all my stuff spread out!!!  My hubby just turns his head!!!  Hee-hee!!!!  So much fun!!!


Whoo hoo.......first cut a success!!!!  Gumpaste using the Cake Basics cartridge!!!  Will use the crowns as borders around the side of the sheet cake.  My gumpaste is still turning out marbled.  Any suggestions???




All designs below cut out with gumpaste from the Birthday Cakes cartridge.  I used the princess for the invitations too.  I think they all turned out nice.  Nothing tore during these cuttings.  Lucky!!!!!!







The swirls and crowns were from Cake Basics cartridge.  Nice!!!




I broke down and bought the Wilton Gumpaste Flower Making kit.  It came in handy!!!  These were used for the castle!!!



My neighbors and my first attempt at royal icing to make leaves, flowers and borders.  Great job for our first time!!!




And there it is!!!  MAGICAL!!!!





It was a fabulous party!!!



This was the moment she looked forward to all day!!!!


At this moment she melted my heart......She grabbed my neck and said, "You're the best Mommy ever, I love you sooooo much!"  All the stress from planning and creating this day was gone!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment