INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

My second Cricut Cake project I thought would be a breeze......NOT!!!!!!!!
I really thought I did a great job on my first project, the Halloween cupcakes and cookies. I thought I would do an equally good job on a Thanksgiving cake I wanted to make for my family.  I don't know what happened exactly.  All I do know is that this project was a disaster from the start.  Maybe I shouldn't have waited until the evening before Thanksgiving to start, but now I know and I will start cutting out images at least a week before I plan on making the cake and just store them in the freezer!!!

I made a spice cake and covered it with buttercream frosting and then rolled out what was supposed to be orange fondant.  It turned out a little pinkish or salmon color and why in the world does it look marbled.  UGH.  I'm still trying to figure this one out.



I sort of successfully covered the cake with the fondant.  It was a bit lumpy and the color is marbled, but not tooooo bad for my first time.  The cut out images hide a lot of the flaws.......purposefully of course!!!!!  I cut out the Grateful phrase from from the Gypsy Wanderings preloaded cartridge on the Gypsy using precolored fondant and the leaves from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge with precolored fondant.  The dark brown leaves were cut using the Cricut Cake frosting sheets. I learned the leaves were too detailed and kept tearing over and over.  A lot of "surgery" was used to get them half way looking decent.  This cake is just plain ugly and no one in my family took a bite.  I don't blame them.  It was a learning experience.  Hopefully I don't give all this up!!!  I'm invested too much now!!!

At least my turkey turned out FABULOUS!!!!!!!  I used Emeril's brine recipe!!!  TO DIE FOR!!!  It was a wonderful day and great dinner with family!!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment